Online Divorce Financial Workshop UK
Make The Divorce Finances Less Scary
Don't be scared of the divorce finance fears!
Includes free 1-1 expert support
Thursday 21 January 2021
7-9pm via zoom
Join us at this unique Divorce Financial Workshop ONLINE:
- Feel more in control of the financial aspects of your separation/divorce
- Create strong foundations for a better way to divorce and co-parent
- Learn how to save thousands on legal bills you may be able to avoid
- Access complimentary 1-1 sessions with legal, financial and wellbeing professionals
Thursday 21 January 7pm to 9pm
Online Interactive Workshop
Collaborative Divorce Solicitor and Partner at Wellers Family Law, Lorraine Toal - and Wills Specialist Aarti Gangaramani - welcome you to an event where you can lose your fear around the divorce finances and gain clarity on the better way to divorce.
Spend a few hours with Divorce Strategist and TEDx Speaker Suzy Miller
in partnership with Chartered Financial Planner Henry Elliston of Efficient Portfolio:
- Strategies on dealing with very 'difficult' spouses (behaving like narcissists)
- Create your own Divorce Strategy Plan
- Gain a clear insight into your financial situation and learn what steps you need to take to gain security
- Learn how to build a successful financial plan for the future
- Special priced ticket for FNF and Divorce Club members
Discover how to confidently plan for your future, create budgets
and understand your assets.
Learn How To Manage Even Very 'Difficult' Spouses/Ex's.
What attendees said about our recent workshop:
"Thank You for an amazing workshop which was supposed to be on finance but we got so much more than that and was very beneficial.....A very fulfilling day. Lots to work on now and sort out the intricate details of my case which I feel more confident about now." VW
"Taking time to reflect.... Anon
"Hi Suzy, I wanted to say that I was blown away by the content of your workshop, I didn't expect at all it would be so detailed and packed with experts. I really enjoyed the presentation on Financial planning, it was particularly detailed and well structured, giving me an exact idea on what things I have to focus on and what is still missing from my current plan. It was also great to hear from Emma the solicitor and Alison the mediator, it really gave me a reassurance that those professionals don't have to be dry and scary, but to see their caring human side. Many thanks, Kasia."
Areas we will cover in this interactive workshop:
- How to reduce or avoid entirely any 'court time' saving on average £25,000 - £75,000
- How to co-parent successfully even if you don't like the other parent anymore
- How to stay psychologically in control and avoid the common mental and physical side effects of divorce
- The tricks of budgeting and managing debts/mortgages
- How to harness Cash flow forecasting, to help you plan for the future
- A deeper understanding of your pensions and investments and how assets can be shared
Make Divorce Less Scary and Gain Clarity and Control over Your Money
- Why is the timing important in divorce?
There is no good time of course. There may be allowances or tax implications to consider or benefit from with regards to timing, but ultimately the key message is ‘have a plan’, be aware of all the facts and don't get bogged down in the figures when initially what you need is a clear strategy.
- How can we reduce the vengeance that can spring from those experiencing the divorce process?
Its difficult as each family's situation is different. Taking responsibility for working out a fair and sustainable settlement that puts the needs of the children at the heart of the process is a good way to reduce conflict, as it reduces the fear.
- How does a financial planning service help prepare someone for mediation/Dispute resolution?
Taking control of the finances and building a set of plans from 'right now' through to 'hopes and dreams' - this puts divorcing/separating people into a position of power, which gives them the confidence to move forwards with their situation in more peaceful ways.
So who is Chartered Financial Planner Henry Elliston (FPFS)?
Henry is a chartered financial planner, offering knowledgeable, but simply explained advice to individual clients with a friendly open approach.
He advises clients particularly going through the difficult periods of divorce or separation, helping them to make difficult financial decisions but also helping them to map out their future financial needs and then drawing up a plan to achieve them.
He has been working with private clients for 15 years and is based in London and Oxford.
- ‘My ex and I were splitting up and needed help working out how best to share our money as I'm not great with my finances. My ex had a final salary pension, which was really complicated to understand, and we had some other savings/pensions as well. Henry reviewed everything and then gave us really clear guidance on how best to share the assets, which has proven to be very fair. Henry is also provided me with comfort that I will have enough money in future (provided I keep saving towards my pension!). I highly recommend him for his friendly, professional and generous advice.’ Anne, Oxford
- ‘The Efficient Portfolio ethos has not only provided a much more comfortable picture about my finances, but the whole engagement encourages positive thoughts about more life-options with those finances. This ethos encourages a more 'holistic’ view about life... not just finances but more importantly working towards better wellbeing and happiness and building in lifetime ambitions with my family and friends.’ K Malloy
- ‘Because my marital situation changed almost two years ago, this is the first time I have had to deal with financial matters on my own. Anytime I have asked to see Henry, I have been dealt with very thoughtfully and helpfully, which I really have appreciated. Henry and Efficient Portfolio are aware of my personal situation and have given me the confidence to consult them when necessary.’ Heather
So Who IS Divorce Strategist Suzy Miller?
Suzy Miller is a campaigner for more peaceful ways to divorce - a TEDx Speaker who shows divorcing and separating parents how to save thousands on their divorce and protect the children from psychological harm.
Suzy has been interviewed on BBC Radio 4 Woman's Hour, appeared on BBC Breakfast TV and been featured in numerous national magazines.
What People Are Saying About Divorce Strategist Suzy Miller:
"Suzy is a fountain of knowledge when it comes to divorce. She is wonderful at giving frank advice and putting you in touch with the right people." - SC
"Suzy was able to offer really important and comforting advice on the whole process and offer positive alternatives to help guide me through this stressful time. Her contact list is extensive and she was able to put me in touch with a many great people who were also able to offer guidance and make the process much less painless. I'm really glad I met her and feel like my journey through this difficult period has been much more positive because of it" - KM
"Suzy came up with a strategy to get through it without spending a fortune. She introduced me to some brilliant people who were all focussed on finding an amicable way through the difficult minefield that is divorce.
She also introduced me to people who could help me with the personal impacts. It’s still a grim journey but I now feel I have a plan and a support network to draw on." VC
Special guests include:
Jonathan Burstow - Fearless Divorce
Debbie Talalay - Stamford Healing Technique
Life Liberator Ruth Driscoll - helping you deal with coersive and controlling relationships
Indre Butkeviciute Wealth Coach - serving women who are looking to take control of their finances
Joanne Phillips Mediator - working together to find new solutions
This workshop is sponsored by Wellers Law Group.
Wellers Law provides expert help with divorce, financial settlements and child arrangements across Kent, Surrey and London. Whatever family law concerns you have, we offer a fixed fee initial consultation for £100 plus VAT.
However, for those who register for the workshop, you can access a complimentary 30 minutes session at no charge.
Lorraine Toal: Partner, Senior Solicitor, head of family and litigation, collaborative lawyer, family law accredited specialist.
Lorraine is head of the Family Law and Litigation Departments at Wellers Law Group. She has many years experience in family law having qualified in 2004 and previously been responsible for developing the Family department of a well-known firm in Surrey where she was made a partner and assisted in the opening of a second office in West Sussex.
In search of a new challenge and wishing to work closer to home, Lorraine joined Wellers as Head of Department she has much experience of the following: cohabitation; separation; divorce; civil partnerships; children; finances; (ancillary relief) and consent orders, and is a member of Resolution. Lorraine is also a trained collaborative lawyer where couples prefer to resolve matrimonial issues among themselves with the help of trained professionals without going to court. She is also a Law Society accredited specialist in Family Law.
"Lorraine helped me through a very traumatic and upsetting time. She was extremely friendly yet professional and managed to keep me focussed on the "important" things. Thanks to her, everything ran smoothly. I felt that I could just "leave her to it" I would without hesitation recommend her and her team to anyone going through a divorce."
" Divorces and child cases are often very emotional and the games that get played are often more a distraction than fact but these guys wade through the smoke and mirrors to present facts of the case. Believe in how they approach things and you will get the desired results."
Aarti Gangaramani: Power of Attorney, Wills, Trusts & Estates
Aarti is a Private Client solicitor based out of the London office. Having qualified in 2017, Aarti has developed a wealth of knowledge and specialises in the preparation of wills and succession planning, lasting powers of attorney, trusts and probate work.
" Used Wellers family solicitors recently the staff are helpful, professional and even going through this bad time empathetic and understanding. Thank you to your staff." Terry
About Wellers Law Group
Wellers Law Group LLP is a modern, full-service legal practice operating from seven office locations
in central London, Kent and Surrey, serving clients in the UK and overseas. Originally established back in 1881, the Wellers Law Group has evolved to become a unifying legal brand which comprises a number of highly respected individual firms of solicitors. Each brings their own specific skills and specialist knowledge.
As a group of nearly one hundred legal professionals we set very high standards in all aspects of the
work we conduct, our level of expertise and our service. We are motivated by adding real value, in
addressing your legal needs, finding better and more practical answers for you and doing so in a
friendly and approachable way.
As specialists in family law, our team includes members of Resolution and we are accredited by the
Law Society. We are dedicated to encouraging a constructive and non-confrontational approach in
all family matters when relationships break down and offer the services of a trained Collaborative
Lawyer. However when this is not possible we will take strong and effective legal action on your behalf.
We look forward to you joining us at this unique event:
- Workshops with experts in their fields - we invite in guest speakers in parenting and wellbeing
- You will learn what you need to complete the divorce/separation journey in a healthy and productive way; simplifying the jigsaw puzzle of the divorce process and giving you strategies on how to troubleshoot any dilemmas that may already have surfaced.
- Feel inspired with new-found confidence…
- A shared experience; the opportunity to believe in a positive outcome that might currently seem ‘far fetched’; to be able to look your children in the eye in years to come and say: “I did it the right way, despite the circumstances”.
(Found the most useful about the event....) "Peaceful parenting, 'Toolbox', Financial advice, Lunch was great" - Kasia
"Focused my mind on next steps, parenting tips to help children deal with the situation. Seeing how important financial planning is going to be going forward." Joanna
NB: AFTER PAYMENT YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- An email with the link to the event to pop into your diary
- Information about our Welcome Pack and Support Group
- After the ticket purchase, you will be redirected to an optional resource that you may find valuable
Please Click The Button Below To Secure Your Place